When: Friday, November 26 at 12:00 p.m.
Where: Online via a Zoom conference
To join the meeting, click on the Zoom link below:
Meeting ID: 853 5650 4595
A webinar detailing program eligibility and details will be hosted by Ontario’s Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) on Friday, Nov. 26, 2021, at 12 p.m. Eastern Time. Ontario Pork staff will also be on hand to answer questions.
To help Ontario’s swine sector fund some of the costs associated with African Swine Fever (ASF) prevention and preparedness, the Governments of Ontario and Canada recently launched an important new initiative for provincial hog producers and other swine-related businesses to increase biosecurity at all points along the value chain.
Now open, the Enhanced Biosecurity for African Swine Fever Preparedness Initiative will reimburse pork producers and others in the pork value chain for up to 50 per cent of the costs to enhance biosecurity and emergency preparedness related to the prevention of ASF.
About the Enhanced Biosecurity for African Swine Fever Preparedness Initiative
Producers, processors, assembly yards, transporters, veterinary clinics and others directly involved in the pork value chain are eligible to apply. This is a cost-share program, covering 50 per cent of eligible expenses incurred between Oct. 19, 2021 and March 21, 2022, to a maximum of $40,000.
Eligible projects may include:
- Education, Training, Assessment and Planning
- Qualified training, audits or development of an initial operational plan related to national biosecurity standards, risk management or animal care and welfare
- Defining Zones and Controlled Access Points
- Signs, fencing, grading or landscaping to clearly define zones
- Construction or modification of existing structures to create a transition area or facilitate more effective movement of people and animals
- Controlling access to operation and buildings with gates, fencing, signage, locks, barriers and security monitoring equipment
- Establishing Cleaning and Disinfecting Practices
- Specialized cleaning and disinfection equipment, including hot water pressure washer, livestock footbaths, water treatment systems, hard surface pad or washbay facility
- Sanitation/ shower/ washer facilities at anterooms to barns, animal housin