Enjoy the spicy outdoor aroma while slow-cooking this jerk back ribs recipe on your BBQ/grill.
2 hours, 15 minutes
- 2 racks Ontario pork back ribs, about 4 lb/2 kg
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each ground cumin and pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground allspice and hot pepper ﬂakes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) molasses
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot or Tabasco)
- Remove silver skin from back of ribs and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, paprika, thyme, salt, cumin, pepper, allspice and hot pepper ﬂakes. Rub ribs on both sides with mixture. Wrap well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
- Set your grill for indirect cooking by heating up all the grill and either turning off half or turning off the middle grill to create a temperature of around 250ºF (121ºC). Place ribs on unlit part of grill and cook for 2 hours, trying to keep the temperature even as it cooks.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lime juice, molasses, oil, cider vinegar and hot sauce. Start brushing the ribs after 2 hours of cooking and continue brushing with mixture for about 2 hours or until bones pull out easily.
|Tasty Jerk Back Ribs
|1/6 of recipe