This grilled kabob recipe of skewered smoked sausage and vegetables makes a family dinner easy to serve.
- 1 pkg (375 g) smoked Ontario pork sausages (about 4 or 5 small)
- 16 mini potatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each canola oil and cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 8 to 16 small button mushrooms
- 1 each small red and yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- Cut sausages into about 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until paring knife easily pushes through centre. Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk together mustard, honey, oil, vinegar and pepper; set aside.
- Skewer sausage, potatoes, mushrooms and peppers onto 8 metal or soaked bamboo skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and grease lightly.
- Place kabobs onto grill and brush all over with mustard sauce. Turn kabobs occasionally, brushing with sauce for 5 to 8 minutes or until sausage is heated through and vegetables are grill marked and golden. Serve with any remaining sauce for dipping.
Tip: Be sure to soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 15 minutes before skewering and grilling.
|Smoked Sausage and Veggie Kabobs