Are your side dishes in the oven and there is no room for the roast? Not a problem! Get a juicy pork roast from your slow cooker. Make sure the rack of pork fits comfortably in the slow cooker for best results.
4 hours, 10 minutes
- 1 Ontario pork rack roast (about 3 lb/1.5 kg)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 container (255 g) grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) beef broth
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) water
- Toss together onions, tomatoes and garlic with half each of the salt and pepper in slow cooker; set aside.
- Rub pork roast with paprika, garlic powder, lemon zest and remaining salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and brown pork roast. Place on top of vegetables in slow cooker. Add broth to skillet and deglaze pan; pour over roast into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until thermometer reaches 155ºF (68ºC). Remove roast to cutting board and let stand covered for about 10 minutes or until thermometer reaches 160ºF (71 C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Whisk into slow cooker and turn to HIGH. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice roast and spoon out vegetables and sauce onto plates and top with pork to serve.
|Slow Cooker Rack of Pork