You can serve this sausage and potato salad warm or cold. Take this to your next potluck for rave reviews.
- 3 Ontario pork sausages (about 12 oz/375 g total)
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) mini potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped dill pickles or sliced green pitted olives
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra virgin olive or canola oil
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) grainy mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) each chopped fresh parsley and basil or dill
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for about 10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain and let cool slightly. Halve potatoes and place in large bowl.
- Grill sausages for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally or until no longer pink inside. Let cool slightly. Slice sausages into 1/2-inch (1 cm) diagonal slices and add to potatoes. Add pickles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes and sausage and toss to combine. Add parsley and basil; toss again to coat. Let stand about 15 minutes before serving to absorb flavours.
Tip: Use your favourite sausages like Italian, hot, mild or garlic.
The sausages can be roasted in the oven instead of grilling. Place sausages in small baking dish and roast in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
This salad can be made in advance up to 2 days ahead. Keep covered and refrigerated.
Substitute Dijon mustard for grainy mustard if necessary.
|Sausage and Potato Salad