Quick and easy, this Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich Recipe is the perfect on-the-go meal for a busy morning.
- 1 pkg (454 g) Ontario pork sausage meat (such as mild or hot Italian, farmers or honey garlic)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- Pinch salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 6 English muffins
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, softened
- 6 slices old cheddar or jalapeño Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Divide the sausage meat into 6 and shape into patties about the same size as the English muffins.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Peel and pit avocado and mash in a bowl with mayonnaise and salt; set aside.
- Place sausage patties on half of the baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and crack eggs on remaining half of sheet pan and sprinkle with pepper. Return to oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until eggs are set and sausages are no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, open English muffins and spread with butter. Place on another baking sheet and broil for about 1 minute or until light golden. Remove from oven and top half of the English muffins with a slice of cheese. Then add an egg and sausage patty. Spread remaining halves with avocado mash and slice of tomato.
- Sandwich halves together and enjoy!
|Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
|1/6 of recipe