This quick lasagna recipe uses wonton wrappers instead of noodles to have things ready for your family in under an hour.
- 12 oz (375 g) ground Ontario pork
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (500 mL) tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) wonton wrappers
- 1 cup (250 mL) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Italian blend or mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook pork, onion and Italian seasoning in oil over medium high heat, breaking up with spoon until no longer pink. Stir in pasta sauce and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Lightly spray an 8 inch (20 cm) square baking dish.
- Spread about 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the pork sauce into prepared dish to cover bottom. Cover bottom with wonton wrappers, overlapping slightly. Spread another 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the sauce and top with one third of the ricotta cheese and sprinkle with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Arrange remaining wonton wrappers over top; spread with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes or until sides are bubbly and top is golden. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve
|Quick Pork Lasagna
|1/4 of recipe