Kids and adults alike will have fun picking what to coat these pork strips in! Whether it’s their favourite chip or tortilla flavour these chops will be addictive and perfect to serve up with potato fries! Have your favourite dipping sauce around for added fun.
- 6 boneless Ontario pork loin chops (about 1 1/2 lb/750 g)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) yellow mustard
- 1 bag (235 g) potato chips
- Cooking spray
- Cut pork chops into 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick strips crosswise and toss with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and mustard. Open potato bag and crush potato chips inside. Pour out into a shallow bowl.
- Toss pork strips with mayo mixture and then coat each strip with potato chips, pressing down firmly. Place strips on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake in 400 F (200 C) for approximately 10 minutes or until golden and meat thermometer registers 150 F (65 C), let rest until meat thermometer reads 160 F (71 C).
Dijon Variation: Substitute Dijon mustard for the yellow mustard.
Chip Variation: Change up the flavour by using your favourite flavour of potato chips. For an even crunchier version use bbq flavoured corn chips. For a spiced up cheesy variation try jalapeño cheddar Cheetos.
Tip: You will need approximately 8 cups (2 L) of potato chips, crushed or 4 cups (1 L) Cheetos crushed to coat the pork strips.
Tip: If you are not using the whole bag, place potato chips in a resealable bag and crush using your hands or a rolling pin. The bottom of a saucepan or meat mallet will also work.
|Potato Chip Pork Strips