This pork belly burnt end slider recipe is smoky, tender, and packed with flavour. Elevate your barbecue game with this summer meal idea. This recipe is brought to you by Paula Stachyra, @queenofthegrill on Instagram.
4 hours, 45 minutes
- 3 lbs. Ontario-raised pork belly, skin removed
- Apple juice
- 1 cup favourite BBQ sauce
- Favourite dry rub
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey
- Brioche slider buns
- Pickle slices
- Red onion, slices
- Jalapeño slices, optional.
- Cheese, slices
- Preheat grill 275° F.
- Trim any excess skin and fat off the pork belly and slice into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Coat all sides with your favourite rub.
- Place the pork belly cubes, fat side down, on a wire rack and directly on grill grates or on top of an aluminum pan.
- Grill for 3 hours or until internal temperature reaches 195°F (90°C). Spritz with apple juice every 30-45 minutes.
- Combine BBQ sauce, garlic, and soy sauce.
- Place pork belly cubes in a half sized aluminum pan and top with BBQ sauce mixture. Drizzle honey over top and toss the cubes until they are completely covered.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and return to grill for 1-1 ½ hours or until the pieces are tender. Uncover the pan and grill 10-15 minutes or until the glaze settles.
- Build your sliders: cheese, red onion, pickles, pork belly, coleslaw, jalapeños, and/or your favourite toppings.