This stuﬀed grilled pork chop recipe is tender and juicy. Perfect for the grill. Enjoy them with grilled potatoes or other colourful grilled vegetables alongside.
- 4 boneless Ontario centre cut pork loin chops (about 1 inch/2.5 cm thick)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced roasted red pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) shredded fontina or provolone cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ﬁnely chopped black sun-dried olives
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola or extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towel. Using a sharp paring knife, cut lengthwise to create a 3-inch (7.5 cm) pocket in each pork chop. You may need to move the knife across pork chop being careful to not pierce through the chop; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, roasted red pepper, cheese and olives. Press together and divide into 4. Fill each pocket with ﬁlling.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Rub pork chops with oil and sprinkle each with oregano mixture on both sides.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place pork chops on grill. Grill for 2 minutes then turn over and grill for another 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue grilling pork chops, turning once more for about 10 minutes or until thermometer inserted in pork chops reaches 155ºF (68ºC). Serve with lemon wedges.
|Mediterranean Stuffed Grilled Pork Chops
|1/4 of recipe