Ontario Pork Tenderloin is a favourite in my kitchen. As meat protein goes, it’s very low in fat & calories, yet it’s so versatile & delicious.
Pork tenderloin works with flavours from all over the globe and the preparation options are endless. Roast it, bake it, poach it, stew it, braise it, broil it, sear it, grill it, smoke it, stir fry it, deep fry it... you name it, there’s a delicious way to cook pork tenderloin.
I’ve partnered with Ontario Pork to develop two easy and equally flavourful ways to prepare Pork Tenderloins.
Perhaps you’d prefer some colourful, beautifully charred pork tenderloin skewers? As pleasing to the eye as they are to the palate. The marinade of lime juice, spices, cilantro and honey, develops big flavour in mere minutes and grills up, in just minutes more.
Wanting something a bit different? Try the Stuffed Pork Tenderloin in Tomato Sauce
- 2 x 1-pound Ontario pork tenderloins (silver skin removed, cut into 36 one-inch cubes)
- 6 x 10-12” metal skewers (if using wood skewers, pre-soak in water for 1-2 hours)
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) honey
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) BBQ spice (use your favourite for pork)
- 1 large garlic clove peeled and minced
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) finely chopped cilantro)
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped into 12 one-inch squares
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped into 12 one-inch squares
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped into 12 one-inch squares
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped into 12-24 one-inch squares
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cooking oil
- Mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, lime juice, honey, BBQ spice, garlic and cilantro.
- Place the pork cubes in a bowl, toss with olive oil mixture and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill on high heat and rub grill grates with cooking oil (the honey in the marinade will cause the skewers to stick a little).
- Prepare each skewer by alternating 6 pieces of marinated pork with 2 pieces each of red, orange & green peppers and 2-4 pieces of red onion. Place the skewers on a tray and pour any remaining marinade to coat the vegetables.
- Place the skewers on the grill for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes until all sides are lightly charred and pork is cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F).
- Flavoured rice and peas
- Roughly chopped cilantro
- Pico de gallo or salsa picante