An easy sweet and sour pork recipe to satisfy that craving.
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) boneless Ontario pork shoulder, cut into strips or cubes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) BBQ sauce, bottled
- 1-14 oz ( 398 mL) can pineapple chunks (retain syrup/juice from can)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- In a non-stick skillet, brown pork over medium-high heat.
- When pork reaches 145F internal temperature, stir in BBQ sauce, 1/2 cup (125 mL) juice/syrup from the canned pineapple, vinegar, cornstarch, and green pepper. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with rice.
|Easy Sweet & Sour Pork
|1/6 of recipe