A classic quick and kid-friendly meal, this pork nugget recipe is easy to make and easy to eat. Move over chicken nuggets, pork nuggets are the next best thing.
5 minutes (plus marinating time)
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario pork tenderloin, or loin centre chops
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange marmalade or apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) corn flakes
- Cooking spray
- Cut Pork into small chunks. In a large sealable plastic bag, combine marmalade or jam, soya sauce, ginger, garlic, and the pork pieces.
- Gently massage the bag and refrigerate for 1 hour or more. Meanwhile, in a separate sealable plastic bag, add the corn flakes; close top and crush until fine crumbs form (kids love to help with this task!).
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Remove pork from marinade (discard excess marinade).
- Coat pork in the crushed cereal crumbs and place on a foil-lined baking tray coated with cooking spray. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, turn over and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until no pink remains. Serve with plum sauce or ranch dip, and raw veggies.