Perfect as a side or as a quick main dish, this easy fried rice recipe is made with tasty ground Ontario pork.
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario ground pork
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked rice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas, thawed slightly
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Place pork in a large bowl and stir in oyster sauce and pepper; set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium high heat and stir-fry onion, celery, carrot and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add ground pork mixture and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes; add peas and soy sauce. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
Kimchi Fried Rice Variation: Omit onion, celery and carrot and substitute 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped kimchi.
|Easy Fried Rice
|1/4 of recipe