This oven-roasted rib recipe is tender and with a fresh zip of pesto, will get the family into the kitchen ready to enjoy dinner.
2 hours, 15 minutes
1 hour, 45 minutes
- 2 racks Ontario pork back ribs (about 3 lb/1.5 kg total)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried oregano
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon or lime zest
- 2 cups (500 mL) orange juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
Cilantro Jalapeno Pesto:
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh cilantro leaves and small stems
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch pepper
- Remove silver skin from back of ribs and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, oregano, salt, lime zest and pepper. Rub ribs on both sides with mixture. Wrap well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
- Cilantro Jalapeno Pesto: Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse together cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice. While blender is running, slowly drizzle in oil until pesto is smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Stir in garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC). Line a baking sheet with foil and place a large rack on top. Uncover ribs and lay bone side down on rack. Place in oven and pour orange juice and water into bottom of the foil lined sheet. Roast in oven for 1 hour. Brush with some of the pesto and roast for about 45 minutes, brushing once again or until meat begins to pull away from bones.
- Serve ribs cut with any remaining pesto for dipping.
|Cilantro Pesto Ribs
|1/6 of recipe