This tasty chili cheese dog dip recipe is courtesy of Queen of the Grill from Toronto, ON.
- 1 pkg (454g) Ontario ground pork
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 16 oz can red kidney beans, optional
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3-4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1-3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- 21 cocktail wieners
- 1 tube Pillsbury wiener wrap
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Green onion, chopped
- In a large saucepan, add diced onion and fry in oil for several minutes until translucent. Add ground pork and brown while crumbling with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chili powder, cumin, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and beans. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened, stirring every few minutes.
Chili Cheese Dip
- Preheat grill to 350° F.
- Unroll wiener wrap and cut each rectangle into a triangle. Cut each triangle in half so that you have two triangle pieces. Roll a slice around each cocktail weiner, forming a pig in a blanket.
- Place each pig in a blanket side by side in a skillet, forming a wreath shape. Brush the top of each one with olive oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix chili and 8 oz. of cheddar. Pour mixture into center of wreath, about half way. Sprinkle the top with extra cheese.
- Grill for 20-30 minutes, or until the dip is bubbly and the cheese has melted. Top dip with chopped green onion and let cool for 5-7 minutes before serving.