Dig into this oven bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin recipe: juicy, crispy, perfect for special occasions. An easy, gluten-free dinner delight.
- 1 Ontario pork tenderloin (about 1 lb/450 g)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) herb and garlic cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 5 to 6 slices Ontario bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place a small rack into a foil lined baking sheet or roasting pan; set aside.
- Trim any silverskin from tenderloin. With a chef’s knife, cut lengthwise along centre of tenderloin almost all the way through to the other side (do not cut through). Make another long cut on both sides of the tenderloin almost all the way through and pound to even out to about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick and lay flat.
- In a bowl, stir together herb and garlic cream cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle with half of the pepper and fill centre of tenderloin with cream cheese mixture. Roll up pork tenderloin around cream cheese filling, folding in the thinner end to create an even tenderloin. Sprinkle remaining pepper all over.
- Using 1 slice of bacon at a time, wrap all around the tenderloin to cover. Continue with remaining bacon to cover tenderloin. Place on rack in pan and roast for about 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 150°F (66°C ). Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Tip: For a larger pork tenderloin, simply increase the cream cheese to 3/4 cup (175 mL) and grated parmesan cheese to 1/2 cup (125 mL) and 3 tbsp (45 mL) of chopped fresh parsley for the filling. You may also need a couple more slices of bacon.