If you love pasta carbonara this frittata will soon become a favourite. Made with Ontario bacon, this frittata recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can even slice and enjoy it like pizza!
- 1 pkg (375 g) sliced Ontario bacon
- 8 oz (227 g) dried spaghetti
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400⁰ F (200⁰ C).
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti for about 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay bacon slices onto foil in a single layer. Bake for about 15 minutes or until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and let drain. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a fork, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Add spaghetti and bacon, tossing to coat. Add Parmesan and basil, stirring gently to combine.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Pour in spaghetti mixture and, using a fork, stir spaghetti to distribute it evenly. Cook for about 10 minutes, jiggling the pan to make sure it doesn’t stick, until almost set. Place a large plate over the pan and invert frittata onto plate. Slide frittata back into pan and cook for about 10 minutes or until no liquid appears when frittata is pierced with a fork.
|Bacon Carbonara Frittata