When: Thursday, April 22 at 3:00 p.m.
Where: Zoom meeting
How to Register: Visit https://www.prairieswine.com/psc-producer-meeting/
- The effect of environmental enrichment on measures of disease resilience in swine, Yolande Seddon, Ph.D.
- Results of how providing slat compatible environmental enrichments influenced measures of disease resilience in growing swine when exposed to pathogen challenge will be discussed.
- Sow mortality - what is the situation in Canadian herds? Cristina Prade Ramos
- Sow losses are costly and reports indicate that sow death losses have increased in the past decade. Survey data has been collected in Canada to identify the major causes and solutions.
- Infrared technology: A tool for measuring stress and improving pork quality, Jennifer Brown, Ph.D.
- Infrared technology has become affordable in recent years and shows great promise for identifying sick or stressed animals on farm and at packing plants.