EVERYONE HAS A ROLE TO PLAY IN KEEPING AFRICAN SWINE FEVER FROM ENTERING CANADA
African swine fever is very contagious and is killing pigs and wild boars in Africa, Asia and parts of Europe. Let’s work together so African swine fever does not make its way to Canada!
REVIEW YOUR BIOSECURITY
- Talk to suppliers/nutritionist/veterinarian about safe feed sources, holding times & biosecurity controls
- Stop pork products from entering barns - staff meeting?
- Review biosecurity & Team engagement - audits/meetings?
SPREAD THE WORD
- Has your neighbouring hobby farm heard of African swine fever?
- Do they understand the importance of clean footwear and biosecurity?
- Do they know the risk posed by contact with wild pigs and feeding kitchen waste to pigs?