Not only is it beautiful to look at with its vibrant, colourful layers, this Spicy Pork Mason Jar is easy to prep in advance, incredibly delicious and healthy with a serving of lean protein, and lots of essential vitamins and minerals. You'll be the envy of everyone in the office lunchroom.
1 lb lean ground pork
200 grams of vermicelli noodles or rice noodles
2 carrots, spiralized or cut thinly
1 cup (225 ml) cooked edamame beans
1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
2 shallots, chopped finely
3 Tbsp (45 ml) soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp (7.5 ml) hoisin sauce
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp (15 ml) garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp (7.5 ml) onion powder
Spicy Peanut Sauce
4 Tbsp (60 ml) smooth peanut butter
2 Tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) Sriracha sauce
1 tsp (5 ml) hot water, if needed
- Heat pan to medium-high. Add olive oil. Add shallots and let them cook for a minute, stirring occasionally before adding lean ground pork.
- Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, salt, garlic powder and onion powder to the pork and cook until browned. Set aside to cool.
- While pork is cooking, add vermicelli noodles to boiling water to cook (or follow the instructions on its packet). Drain and rinse in cool water.
- While everything is cooling, combine peanut butter, soy sauce and Sriracha. If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of hot water to thin it out.
- Divide ingredients into 4, and layer 4 mason jars as follows:
• peanut sauce
• edamame beans
- To reheat for lunch: simply microwave the entire jar for 1-2 minutes. If needed, transfer the food to a bowl before microwaving.
|Spicy Pork Mason Jar Meal Prep
|1 jar (1/4 of recipe)