Marinade - 3/4 cup (175 mL); Raita 1 1/2 cups (375 mL); Serves 10
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) EACH: coriander and cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
- 2 lb (1 kg) boneless pork loin rib roast
- Fresh Herb Raita:
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated cucumber, squeezed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garam masala
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) jalapeno pepper, minced and seeded
- In a resealable bag, combine yogurt, ginger, paprika, coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper and massage together. Add roast, close bag and massage marinade into roast. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F or 160°C.
- Remove roast from marinade and place on rack in a roasting pan. Roast in oven for 2 hours or until an internal temperature of 155°F has been reached. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before slicing thinly. Serve with Fresh Herb Raita.
- In a bowl, stir together yogurt, cucumber, garlic, mint, coriander, sugar, garam masala and jalapeno pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.