8 to 10 hours - in slow cooker
- 1 Ontario pork shoulder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 fl oz (500 mL) bottled root beer (not diet)
- 2 cups (500 mL) your favourite BBQ sauce
- 6 Kaiser or hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- Place the pork and onion in a slow cooker. Pour the root beer over the pork, cover and cook on LOW until well-cooked and the pork shreds easily, usually 8 - 10 hours (or 4 - 5 hours on HIGH).
- Drain well and discard extra root beer. Stir in BBQ sauce.
- Serve on buns with coleslaw.