Serves 6 - 8
- 6 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped and fried until crisp
- 1 package (250g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 or 2 dashes of hot sauce (or more, to taste)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 3 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly butter a 4-cup oven-safe dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and hot sauce until smooth. Fold in the grated cheese, bacon and jalapenos.
Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking dish, smoothing out into an even layer. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the crumb topping is browned and the dip is hot and bubbly. Serve immediately with lots of tortilla chips for dipping.
Note: For an extra-spicy dip, use 4-5 jalapeno peppers and load up on the hot sauce!