Ham & Egg Casserole
Yield: 4-6 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ white onion, finely diced
½ red bell pepper, finely diced
1 cup ham steak (or other cooked ham), diced
½ cup milk
½ tsp salt (or to taste)
¼ tsp pepper (or to taste)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onion and chopped red pepper. Cook until just tender. Add in the ham at the end to brown a bit.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add in the salt and pepper.
4. Prepare a deep dish pie plate (or 9x9” casserole dish) by cutting a piece of parchment paper larger then the plate. Crumple the parchment paper and run it under water. This will make the paper pliable and will easily form along the pie plate.
5. Layer the cooked onions, peppers and ham on top of the parchment paper, inside the pie plate. Sprinkle the cheese over top. Pour the scrambled egg mixture over top. Gently stir the mixture together to ensure there are no air pockets and the mixture is evenly distributed.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for at least 25 minutes until the eggs are well set and the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.