Bacon chocolate chip cookie truffles
Yield: 20-24 pieces
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
20-24 chocolate chip cookies (homemade* or store-bought)
4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
8 slices Ontario bacon, cooked, drained, finely chopped and divided
2 cups chocolate chips, melted
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Crush two dozen cookies into crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Add 6 slices of finely chopped bacon and cream cheese. Mix together until a ball of cookie dough forms. If dough feels dry, add 1 Tbsp of cream cheese until desired consistency is achieved.
- Roll into 2-inch balls. Place rolled cookie balls onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While cookie balls are freezing, place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until creamy and lump free.
- Dip balls into chocolate with a fork, allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place truffles back onto cookie sheet and immediately sprinkle with a generous pinch of chopped bacon. Once all truffles have been coated, place in fridge to allow chocolate to set. Store truffles refrigerated in an airtight container.
* For a great chocolate chip cookie recipe from The Brunette Baker, check out our blog.