Apple Bacon and Feta Stuffed Pork Chops
Recipe courtesy of Eat In Eat Out
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
4 pork loin chops
4 tsp Dijon mustard
4 slices bacon, chopped
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped or 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut a deep pocket into each of the pork chops. Spread 1 tsp of Dijon mustard over each side if pocket interior.
- Cook bacon in an oven-proof skillet. Remove to a small dish and set aside. Keep 1 Tbsp of bacon fat in the skillet and reserve the rest.
- Add onion and apple to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes over medium-high heat until apple is softened. Add garlic and cook one more minute. Turn heat off and add cooked bacon, tarragon and cheese, stirring to combine.
- Spoon 1/4 of the bacon mixture into each pork chop pocket.
- Add 1 Tbsp of reserved bacon fat to the skillet, discard the rest. Over medium high heat, sear pork chops for about 2 minutes per side. Place skillet in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Makes 4 servings.