|Tell us what makes you great judge of pork tastiness. #BestPorkJudge
In a single post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter (or in the form) below tell us why you'd make a great barbecue judge.
Tag your entry #BestPorkJudge @OntarioPork so we're sure to see it.
- 2 VIP passes to the Battle of the Barbecue Grill School in North York on Saturday, September 21, 2019
- a seat at the judges’ table for the Prostate Cancer Canada's Battle of the Barbecue that takes place in North York on Saturday, September 21, 2019
- a pass for your guest to take part as an audience member at the Battle of the Barbeque (while you judge)
- 1 nights at The Westin Prince Hotel, North York, plus transportation from the hotel to the events
**The winner must not have any food allergies or other food restrictions, and be willing to taste and judge whatever food the Battle of the Barbeque contestants submit for judging. You'll need to take bites of 24 different food items.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The sponsor of the Ontario Pork Prostate Cancer Battle of the Barbeque Contest (the "Contest") is the Ontario Pork Producers' Marketing Board ("Ontario Pork") whose address is 655 Southgate Drive, Guelph, ON N1G 5G6. Entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Contest Rules.
HOW TO ENTER
● The Contest period begins on Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 12.01 a.m. and ends on Monday, September 2, 2019 at 11.59 p.m. (Toronto time) (the "Contest Period").
● To obtain one entry, engage on social media during the Contest Period as follows: in a single post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, tag Ontario Pork when you post a story (maximum 500 words), photo or video (“Submission Content”) that demonstrates what makes you a great judge of pork tastiness. Stories, photos and videos that are Submission Content must be appropriate for a public audience (as determined by Ontario Pork).
• Contestants must enter with a creative social media post via their personal account on their chosen social media platform: Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
• Submission Content size is in any event restricted to social platform allowances.
• Each social media post may contain a story, a video of up to one minute, or up to 4 photos (or any combination thereof), and each post constitutes one entry.
• Each social media post should include the hashtags #bestporkjudge and @Ontariopork
• Posts may be shared by Ontario Pork.
• To obtain one entry via Ontariopork.com/win
o Fill out the online entry form with the contact information that is requested.
o In the open text box, provide a story that demonstrates what makes you a great judge of pork tastiness (maximum 500 words).
o You may upload with the entry form one original photo (maximum 1MB in size) that demonstrates what makes you a great judge of pork tastiness.
● To obtain one entry by e-mail, send an e-mail to email@example.com specifying your name, day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and mailing address, and providing a story that demonstrates what makes you a great judge of pork tastiness (maximum 500 words). You may attach a digital file for a photo (jpeg only) that demonstrates what makes you a great judge of pork tastiness.
● To obtain one entry by mail, you must write out your name, address, day and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address on a sheet of paper and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient postage) to Ontario Pork Battle of the Barbeque Contest, c/o Ontario Pork, 655 Southgate Drive, Guelph, ON N1G 5G6. You must provide a story of what makes you a great judge of pork tastiness (maximum 500 words). All mailed entries will be considered to be received for the purposes of the Contest when the entry is actually received by Ontario Pork and all mailed entries must be postmarked during the Contest Period. One mailed entry per envelope.
● Enter as often as you wish.
● An entry will be rejected if the entry does not comply with these Rules.
● All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Ontario Pork is not responsible for lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected or late entries. All entries become the property of Ontario Pork and will not be returned.
The prize consists of two VIP passes for the Grill School that takes place in North York on Saturday, September 21, 2019, a seat at the judges’ table for the Battle of the Barbecue that takes place in North York on Saturday, September 21, 2019, and a pass for one guest to take part as an audience member at the Battle of the Barbeque. The prize includes 1 nights’ standard accommodation for two people at The Westin Prince Hotel, North York on September 21, 2019, plus transportation from the hotel to the events, and back to the hotel. The Contest winner is responsible for securing all other transportation, and any other costs including any incidental costs at the hotel. The prize includes food and drink that is available at the event. Approximate total retail value of the prize is $1,400. The winner must not have any food allergies or other food restrictions, and be willing to taste and judge whatever food the Battle of the Barbeque contestants submit for judging (judging will be based upon bites of 24 different food items).
There is a total of one prize.
Prize packages are not transferable to other dates.
The winner will be posted on each social media platform.
The prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be transferred, reassigned or substituted, and has no cash value.
JUDGING AND DRAWS
On or about Wednesday September 4, 2019, a panel of judges appointed by Ontario Pork will pick 15 eligible entries that in the view of the panel, based upon the Submission Content, best demonstrate that the entrants will make great judges of pork tastiness. The panel will assess creativity and a passion for pork as shown by the Submission Content. On or about Friday, September 6, 2019 at the offices of Ontario Pork, one entry will be randomly drawn from the 15 entries. The entrant whose entry is drawn, and who is otherwise eligible to win, will be the selected entrant who is eligible to win the prize subject to compliance with these Rules.
ELIGIBILITY & CONDITIONS
• Only residents of Ontario who are 19 or older are eligible to enter.
• Employees, officers or directors of Ontario Pork (and those with whom such persons are domiciled) are ineligible.
• There is no cost to enter - no purchase necessary.
• Odds of being selected for the prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received and upon the calibre of the eligible entries received.
• By providing Submission Content (and regardless of whether the entrant is a winner), the entrant provides Ontario Pork a full, irrevocable and non-exclusive right to use, distribute, modify and copy the Submission Content in any form of communication and materials that could include, but are not limited to, websites, social media posts, reports, presentations and advertising. Ontario Pork may modify Submission Content to, among other things, change elements in videos or photos that identify a location shown in videos or photos.
• The entrant must have taken or have full rights to each photo or video, and have written each story, that is Submission Content.
• The entrant must obtain the consent of all identifiable individuals who are included in each story, photo or video that is Submission Content and consent from the persons who own the property shown in a photo or video, and upon request of Ontario Pork the entrant must produce copies of the consents.
• Each story, photo or video that is Submission Content must never have been previously published, exhibited publicly, or selected as a winner in any other contest.
• By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants to Ontario Pork that any Submission Content will not violate the rights of any third parties (including copyright and privacy rights) or any applicable laws.
• All materials submitted become the property of Ontario Pork and will not be returned.
• Each entrant waives all moral rights regarding each story, photo or video that is Submission Content (and shall obtain a waiver of moral rights from any person other than the entrant who has any copyright interest in such story, photo or video).
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law.
The decisions of Ontario Pork with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
The selected entrant will be notified privately by Ontario Pork using the social media platform that relates to the entry and must provide his or her name, address, day and evening telephone numbers, and e-mail address, or will be notified by Ontario Pork using the e-mail address of the selected entrant (if the selected entrant entered the Contest by email, mail or at ontariopork.com/win). The prize will be sent to the address that is provided to Ontario Pork. In the event the selected entrant does not respond to a notification from Ontario Pork within 48 hours, declines a prize for any reason, does not sign and return a Declaration and Publicity Release within a 48-hour period, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by Ontario Pork, the selected entrant will be disqualified and an alternate selected entrant may be selected based on another draw, or the prize may be cancelled.
Before being declared a winner and awarded a prize, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in a manner determined by Ontario Pork.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to the publication, reproduction, and/or other use of his/her name and municipality without further compensation, in any form of communication and materials which could include, but are not limited to websites, social media posts, reports, presentations and advertising.
Ontario Pork reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend this Contest in any way. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Ontario Pork reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
Entrants acknowledge that Ontario Pork has neither made, nor is it any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, relative to a prize.
With respect to online entries, the entrant may have the option to click a box to receive future information from Ontario Pork, but it is not necessary to click a box in order to enter the Contest.
If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519)767-4600.