The annual Shakespeare Swine Seminar for producers and allied industry personnel will be held at the Stratford Festival Inn on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 in Stratford, Ontario. Please note the change of location. The meeting is sponsored by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs and Ontario Pork and the seminar focuses on topics of current and practical interest to swine producers.
Program highlights include:
- understanding the temporary foreign worker program
- gas monitoring in swine barns
- optimizing lactation feed intake
- decreasing the risk of tail biting
- a discussion of new disease syndromes in Ontario
- Dr. Mark Fitzsimmons, a swine practitioner and producer from southern Minnesota, will speak on managing large litters and reducing stillbirths among other topics.
Registration begins at 3:30 p.m. with presentations starting at 4:00 p.m. Supper is provided and the meeting concludes at 8:30 p.m.
- Pre-registration: $35 (incl. $4.03 HST) if pre-registered and $20 (incl. $2.30 HST) for additional people from the same farm.
- At the door: $45 (incl. $5.18 HST)at the door.
To pre-register, please call the Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 877-424-1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make all cheques payable to Ontario Pork (HST Reg. # 104 001 516)
For more information contact: